Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Consumers Energy Store?
- The Consumers Energy Store is an online store that facilitates the purchase of energy-saving products and services while offering instant rebates at the point of sale for certain products.
How do I find products on the Consumers Energy Store?
- The Consumers Energy Store currently offers a selection of the leading smart thermostats that are eligible for Consumers Energy’s smart thermostat instant rebate program. You can view each of the available thermostats on the home page and click through to each thermostat for more details.
How do I review a product?
- You can add a review of a product by clicking on the product, scrolling down to “product reviews” and clicking “write a review.”
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
How do I login or register?
- You can login or create an account by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.”
How do I view my order history?
- Login to your account, click on your name in the top right corner, then click “Account” to view your order history.
Forgot your password?
- You can initiate a password reset by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.” Click on “Login or Register” and then click “I've forgotten my password” to initiate a password reset.
How do I update or change my address?
- Once you are logged in, click on “Account” in the top right corner, then click “Account” in the drop down menu. From there, click “Addresses” where you will be able to update your address.
Which products are eligible for rebates?
- All of the smart thermostats included in the store are eligible for Consumers Energy’s Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat rebate.
- Some lighting products are eligible for Consumers Energy's lighting rebates. Below each listed product, you will see a tag and a quick description of available rebates.
Is everyone eligible for the Wi-Fi thermostat rebate?
- To be eligible for the thermostat rebate, you must be a residential customer of Consumers Energy in the state of Michigan. Customers are limited to one rebate per residential account.
- Consumers Energy residential natural gas or electric customers are eligible for $50 instant rebate. Residential customers who receive both natural gas and electric service from Consumers Energy are eligible for $100 instant rebate.
- When you check out with your thermostat purchase, your instant rebate will be automatically applied at the time of checkout. We will verify your eligibility prior to the checkout process.
Is everyone eligible for a Lighting rebate?
- To be eligible for the lighting rebate, you must be a residential electric customer of Consumers Energy in the state of Michigan. Customers are limited to rebates on 2 packs per residential electric account.
- When you check out with your lighting purchase, your instant rebates will be automatically applied at the time of checkout. We will verify your eligibility prior to the checkout process.
Are rebates available for Consumers Energy business customers?
- Yes, rebates are available for Consumers Energy business customers at https://consumersenergy.com/
- All product warranties are provided by the product manufacturer. Please visit the product manufacturer website for all warranty information.
- We do not install the thermostat for you. Please be aware of the installation requirements for each thermostat before purchasing.
- Please be aware of the installation requirements for each thermostat before purchasing.
- To check installation compatibility please review the following:
- Some thermostats require a C-Wire to power the device, like the Honeywell thermostats and ecobee SmartSi thermostat offered on this store.
- Nest Learning Thermostats do not need a C-Wire to function and the ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled thermostat comes with an adaptor for those without a C-Wire.
- If you do not have a C-Wire on your existing thermostat, there are products in the market that act as an adapter (type “thermostat c-wire adapter” into your favorite search engine), or a contractor can help you install the device.
- Make sure to check your current wiring before purchasing any thermostat, and consult the installation information shown above.
What payment forms are accepted on the Energy Store?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
Why wasn’t I able to complete my online credit card transaction?
- Please check that you input your credit card information correctly. If you continue to experience issues, you can contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page, call us toll free at +1 (844) 818-1277 or send an email to Service@ConsumersEnergyStore.com.
How can I view and print my online order confirmation?
- You can view your order information using the order confirmation email we send to you. If you have created an account, you can also view your order confirmation by logging into the online Store and accessing your Account. All your orders will be available.
How do I track my order?
- The tracking information will be included in the shipping confirmation email we send to you.
How do I cancel or modify my order?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 818-1277 or send an email to Service@ConsumersEnergyStore.com.
What if I received a damaged product?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 818-1277 or send an email to Service@ConsumersEnergyStore.com – we’ll provide you with information on how to return your order, including a pre-paid return shipping label.
Why is my item on backorder?
- On rare occasions, popular products can be temporarily sold-out, but we are usually back in stock quickly. If you would like to adjust your order in the event of any delay, please contact us toll free at +1 (844) 818-1277 or send an email to Service@ConsumersEnergyStore.com.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- For shipping & delivery questions, please see our Shipping page.
- For returns questions, please see our Returns page.
- Still have questions? Please contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page.